Daintree Rainforest Property For Sale
The Only House Featuring an 18m Canopy Tower
Daintree Rainforest Property For Sale
This 2 storey home is hidden in the most biodiverse valley of the famous Daintree lowland rainforest in which future development is prohibited. Located on 1ha stunning rainforest at the base of Queensland’s third highest mountain, Thornton Peak, is secures for ever the total privacy of its owners.
The house is at the end of a road, just 200m away from a permanent, scenic rainforest creek in which large water holes, surrounded by massive granitic bolders invite for a refreshing dip on hot summer days.
Pristine rainforest with modern amenities available:
- Solar powered system with a large 24 V battery bank and a 4000KW inverter.
- 16 x 80 Watt solar panel placed on an 18M high canopy tower securing cloudy days charging.
- Sophisticated power system allowing air-conditioning to cool you off on hot days.
- Crystal clear rainwater collected in a 33,000 litre tank and provided to the house via a small, on-demand pressure pump.
- Satellite dish to support your high tech lifestyle, fast internet access and digital tv.
- All around termite resistant Cypress Pine walls, on a fully renovated steel frame building.
- Shaped with convenience… East to West orientation catching a regular cool mountain breeze or a fresh easterly sea breeze to perfect that tropical climate setting.
- Upper level 60 sqm enclosed living area completely surrounded by a 3m wide veranda complementing a living space of 185 sqm.
- Skylight rich veranda bright and pleasant living space abuts rare and threatened rainforest plants attracting rich bird life.
- 2 bedrooms placed adjacent to the large kitchen/dining/living area.
- The kitchen boasts large storage shelving below a stainless steel cook top embedded in an island bench made of beautiful Red Tulip Oak. Large surrounding bench tops made of New Guinea Rosewood provide plenty of space above with large storage shelving below.
- Cosy Pot-bellied stove in the living area giving warmth during cool or rainy nights.
- A unique bath, consisting of a composting toilet, a sink and a large tub, is placed on one corner of the veranda – remember, the house has no neighbours- overlooking the plants of the rainforest understorey.
- A gas-driven hot water system allows you to be immersed in warm water while observing a Boyd’s Forest Dragon perched on a nearby tree through a clear Perspex wall.
- Perspex attics and large glass doors and windows allow a maximum of light flooding into the living space while fly screens open the space up to the cool breezes.
- The lower level of the house encloses a 42 sqm living area that can be utilized as third bedroom/granny flat or, as the current owners have it, as an office/library.
- Large 9 sqm handyman workshop containing the battery bank and the inverter power supply system.
- Another separated 9 sqm room is designed as a second bathroom/laundry containing a shower and all connections for a washing machine and dryer.
- Large space under the staircase allows two cars to be parked under the house.
About the tower:
- This unique 18m high canopy tower provides breathtaking views to Thornton Peak, the mountainous ranges and across endless rainforest canopy.
- Can be easily accessed from the veranda of the house.
- Provides all the energy and modern communication.
- Contains a 3×3 meter platform on top that can be used for a night sleeping under the stars in the rainforest canopy.
This house is unique on its own not just because of its setting, but its many special features that guarantees a life in privacy and harmony with nature.
Call Lloyd Jenman and ask how this can be yours
Call Lloyd Jenman on 1300 HELPER (that’s 1300 435 737) today.
Inspect by appointment. Call 1300 435 737
Or click the blue “BOOK AN INSPECTION” button to the right.
|Address||211 Turpentine Rd, Diwan QLD 4873, Australia|
|Sale Type||Private Sale|
Inspections on request.
The Real Estate Helpers
Phone: 1300 435 737